What Vapes Are Illegal in the UK?
The UK has strict regulations on vaping products, and there are a number of vapes that are illegal to sell or use in the country. These include:
- Vapes with a nicotine content above 20mg/ml. The maximum nicotine content allowed in vapes in the UK is 20mg/ml. Any vape with a higher nicotine content is illegal.
- Vapes with a tank capacity above 2ml. The maximum tank capacity allowed in vapes in the UK is 2ml. Any vape with a larger tank is illegal.
- Vapes that have not been approved by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). The MHRA is the UK's regulatory body for medicines and medical devices. Any vape that has not been approved by the MHRA is illegal to sell or use.
- Vapes that contain certain banned ingredients. The UK government has banned a number of ingredients from being used in vapes, including caffeine, taurine, and colourings. Any vape that contains any of these banned ingredients is illegal.
If you are caught using or selling an illegal vape in the UK, you could face a number of penalties, including:
- A fine of up to £5,000.
- A criminal record.
- A ban on selling or using vapes.
It is important to be aware of the illegal vapes in the UK so that you do not accidentally break the law. If you are unsure whether a vape is legal, it is always best to err on the side of caution and not use it.
Here are some tips for avoiding illegal vapes:
- Only buy vapes from reputable retailers.
- Check the nicotine content and tank capacity of the vape before you buy it.
- Make sure the vape has been approved by the MHRA.
- Avoid vapes that contain any of the banned ingredients.
If you are unsure whether a vape is legal, you can contact the MHRA for more information.