How to Prime a Coil
Priming a coil is the process of saturating the wick with e-liquid before using it. This helps to prevent dry hits, which can be unpleasant and harmful.
There are a few different ways to prime a coil. The most common method is to use a dropper to apply e-liquid directly to the wick. Another method is to fill the tank with e-liquid and then let the coil sit for a few minutes before vaping.
Here are the steps on how to prime a coil using a dropper:
- Remove the coil from the tank.
- Get a dropper and fill it with e-liquid.
- Apply a few drops of e-liquid to each of the wicking holes.
- Replace the coil in the tank.
- Fill the tank with e-liquid.
- Let the coil sit for a few minutes before vaping.
Once the coil is primed, you can start vaping. However, it is important to start slowly and take short puffs at first. This will help to prevent the coil from burning.
Here are some tips for priming a coil:
- Use the correct type of e-liquid. Make sure that the e-liquid you are using is compatible with the coil.
- Do not overprime the coil. Overpriming can cause the coil to leak.
- Be patient. It may take a few minutes for the coil to fully saturate with e-liquid.
By following these tips, you can prime your coil properly and avoid dry hits.
Why is it Important to Prime a Coil?
Priming a coil is important because it helps to prevent dry hits. A dry hit occurs when the wick does not have enough e-liquid to vaporize. This can cause the coil to burn, which can produce a harsh, unpleasant taste. In some cases, dry hits can even be harmful.
When you prime a coil, you are ensuring that the wick is saturated with e-liquid. This prevents the coil from burning and ensures that you get a smooth, flavorful vape.
How to Tell if a Coil Needs to be Primed
There are a few signs that a coil may need to be primed. These signs include:
- A harsh, unpleasant taste
- A burnt smell
- A decrease in vapor production
If you notice any of these signs, it is a good idea to prime the coil.
Priming a coil is a simple process that can help to prevent dry hits and improve the performance of your vape. By following the tips in this blog post, you can prime your coil properly and enjoy a smooth, flavorful vape.